Diploma in Hotel Management
This programme provides experience in all hotel departments. Students develop into experienced hospitality professionals with a holistic overview of the industry. There is a practical approach with industry training throughout their learning. Year 1 introduces the basic hospitality and service management alongside essential university-level study skills. Year 2 develops management and strategy techniques with an overview of front o?ce and food production.
The Diploma in Hotel Management provides the necessary quali?cations for employment across the diverse ?eld in the accommodation sectors. The focus is on a strong theoretical and business foundation. Students will have the fundamentals and skills required for e?ective task at the front o?ce and housekeeping operations, and food and beverage services and operations. They would be introduced to the application of supervisory responsibilities. The program has a strong emphasis on instilling entrepreneurial skills.
- A Pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least credit in three (3) subjects; OR
- A Pass in Uni?ed Examination Certi?cate (UEC) with at least Grade B in 3 subjects; OR
- A Pass in O-Level with at least Grade C in 3 subjects; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in related ?eld with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Kolej Komuniti (Level 3, MQF) in related ?eld and a pass in SPM with at least credit in one (1) subject; OR
- A Pass in Certi?cate (Level 3, MQF) in related ?eld with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with at least Grade C (NGMP of 2.00) in one (1) subject; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a Grade of Maqbul; OR
- Any other equivalent quali?cations recognized by the Malaysian Government AND
- For international students, it is compulsory to obtain a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
Graduates will be able to enter the following workforce and would, with experience, able to assume executive and managerial positions in the hospitality industry or tourism industry and other service-oriented industries such as restaurants and public relation companies. Graduates who wish to start their own business in the services industry be able to do so e?ectively.