Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Design
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Design is a 3-year programme. Graduates with Diploma in Computer Graphic Design will get credit transfer for the ?rst year. This programme also acts as a feeder to the Bachelor of Art (Hons) in Graphic Design programme which aims to produce Designer experts for the society needs. The potential demand for such professions is always great due to the rapid changes and the advancement in the art, science and technology.
Bachelor’s degrees in graphic design help students learn the skills and software required to work in the industry. These programs typically include foundational design courses as well as general education coursework, and they may culminate in a professional portfolio. Graduates of these programs may pursue entry-level graphic design work or master’s degrees.
The aim of the Graphic Design course is to develop a student’s understanding of the role, desires and possibilities of design, towards (independent) practice. The department focuses on teaching students on how to organize and shape information within today’s social and cultural context, based on knowledge of the history of design and with an emphasis on the role played by conceptual and editorial approaches to it. Develop the students understanding in applying the principles taught to a variety design problems and generate creative thinking and problem solving.
Apply the knowledge taught in graphic design concept for graphic artworks and become pro?cient and competent in key areas of design courses. Engage with an industrial contemporary practice in an innovation which conceptualizing learning related to graphic design ?eld.
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any two (2) subjects or any equivalent quali?cation; OR
- A Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum Grade of Jayyid; OR
- Any quali?cations equivalent to Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; OR
- A pass in Matriculation / Foundation quali?cation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; OR
- A Pass in Uni?ed Examination Certi?cate (UEC) with at least Grade B in 5 subjects; OR
- Any other equivalent quali?cations recognized by the Malaysian Government AND
- Passed the interview and drawing test AND
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 1 AND
- For international students, it is compulsory to obtain a minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent.
This quali?cation will give students the opportunity to work in numerous industries within graphic design, advertising and publication technology ?elds. With the knowledge and skills enhanced in the program, students will be able to apply and contribute their knowledge to the design industry.
- Graphic Designer
- Advertising Designer
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- Corporate & Branding Designer
- DTP Artist
- Promotions and Marketing Managers
- Instructional Designer
- Packaging Designer
- Webpage Designer
This programme also acts as a feeder to programme which aims to produce Designer experts for the society needs.